Andrew Bennett, Brand Ambassador for The Full Range and Chairman of the Craft Guild of Chefs, offers us his favourite chocolate pudding recipe to celebrate National Chocolate Pudding Day.
Using the finest Valrhona chocolate (a personal favourite of our founder, George McIvor), Andrew's pudding also includes coffee and rum. Check out the ingredients and method below and let us know what you think!
Andrew's Chocolate Pudding
- 465ml liquid coffee
- 375g butter
- 300g dark chocolate (55%)
- 600g caster sugar
- 150ml rum
- 375g plain flour
- 7.5g bicarbonate of soda
- 5g salt
- 3 eggs
- 150g chopped nuts
- Warm the coffee and sugar. Dissolve the sugar.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Melt.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together. Gradually add the liquid until it's smooth
- Add the eggs and whisk in well.
- Add the chopped nuts. (note - this will be a very liquid mixture)
- Pipe into prepared moulds and bake in a moderate oven at 160 for approx 20 minutes (depending on the size of the mould)
- Leave to cool before demoulding.
Get in touch with The Full Range to find out how we can help source some of the world's finest chocolate at the lowest possible price.